20 – Q

Mrs. Nesbitt’s ABC-Wednesday

Round 20-P

My 140th entry – bijdrage

Started-Gestart: 28-08-2014 : 15-G

Hello and good morning, -afternoon, -evening, dear people who all participate is this wonderful photo-meme, which is a joy to me, week after week, after week. I’m always curious to what you come up with!

The challenging letter of this week is and I’ve chosen for the word: Qualify

Trying to live as ‘mindful’ as possible I regularIy find myself wondering about what exactly is it that qualifies my life to be ‘good’, good enough to be able to call myself a happy person, or at least a content one.  Like every other person I have wonderful things to talk about and lesser nice things. We all live the ‘game of life’ and have to deal with the ‘cards’ that that ‘game’ has handed out to us.

What qualifies my life?
Thinking about this question I can not come up with many answers because all the answers that do come up can be categorized under the denominator Love. Love for life with all its wonderful things in it. Also, however difficult that is sometimes, love for the miserable things, because they have taught me so much.  Being surrounded by people I love, nature, animals. Doing things I love. Enjoying wonderful moments, however short they are. Keeping that all in mind and pulling it to the front of my feelings and thoughts, to get courage and strength from at the non-desired moments which force me to put up a fight and not give up.

Quality of life… is, to me at least, not dependent of the numbers which tell me how much money I (don’t) have. Ofcourse, I wish sometimes to have some more, but don’t we all wish for that every now and then? I love people, animals, nature, blogging, music, photographing, reading and movies; scifi, horror, crime and fantasy being my favorites. I love going out with my camera but at the same time I love to be a couchpotato , whatever that certain moment requires.

Do I long for an ‘excellent’ life as the image suggests? No I don’t. I am quit content with “Good”. It is good enough for me. Some days are ‘average’, ‘poor’ and ‘very poor’, although we don’t want moments like that, they should be experienced because they show us the true value of ‘good’ and teach us to appreciate the ‘good’ much more.  To never reach ‘excellent’ means, at least to me it does, never stop dreaming, never stop reaching for new goals, never give up to try to make things (life… your life….) better.

How about you?

Have a nice ABC-Wednesday-day / – week ~
♫ M e l o d y ♫ (ABC-W-team)
(preview Round 21)

24x Akkoorden op ~ Chords on 20 – Q

  • fietszwerver  schreef ~ wrote:

    ook ik ben tevreden met het leven
    zelfs de reclame wijken lopen om AOW gat op te vullen deren me niet
    heb plezier aan mijn hobby’s

  • Kakel  schreef ~ wrote:

    Goed is goed genoeg. Het betekent dat je tevreden bent met wat je hebt en hoe het met je gaat. Goed betekent ook dat het beter kan, maar dat je zonder “beter” kan leven.
    Ik verklaar jou als persoon bij dezen voor Excellent!
    Knuffel ♥

    • Melody  schreef ~ wrote:

      hahahaha jij kan het zeggen he, jij bent ook wel de blogger bij uitstek die mij het beste kent ;-)

      dank je wel schat!!! ♥♥♥

  • De Gans (Marije)  schreef ~ wrote:

    Good is good enough. It is your life and I think you are living it beautifully. If you are aiming for a life of ‘prefect quality’ you will never be satisfied…..
    According to me ;-)
    Love xxx <3 xxx

    • Melody  schreef ~ wrote:

      And right you are my dear!!! So I totally agree with ‘according’ ;-)

      -x-♥-x-♥

  • photowannabe  schreef ~ wrote:

    This is an interesting Question.
    There are a lot of choices involved in how we live our lives and what we do with what we have.
    Making the best of each day and filling it with love will give us a wonderful life…with bumps along the way to keep us pushing forward.

    • Melody  schreef ~ wrote:

      Thank you Photowannabe.

      That is indeed the way I do it… to me it is the best way, I can’t do it another way… I don’t want to either.

  • Roger Green  schreef ~ wrote:

    a sound strategy.

  • ewok1993  schreef ~ wrote:

    Nice post. I chose the same word for today as well.

    My ABC WEDNESDAY

  • jesh stg  schreef ~ wrote:

    Because I have been telling others to better their quality of life, I think my life couldn’t be any better. Am thankful that my life is beyond what I ever could dream of:)

  • Indrani  schreef ~ wrote:

    Yes for me too sometimes good is sufficient! Great choice of word.
    Happy ABCW!

  • Rajesh  schreef ~ wrote:

    Quality of life is important.

  • artmusedog  schreef ~ wrote:

    Creative post for Q ~ a rather difficult letter ~ thanks for ‘coming by’ and commenting ~

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    • Melody  schreef ~ wrote:

      Thank you Artmusedog … yes I agree…. extra challenging
      You are welcome ofcourse ;-)

      Thank you, likewise!

  • Joy  schreef ~ wrote:

    Everything flows from being content although as you say life is not always a smooth road.

    • Melody  schreef ~ wrote:

      I agree fully Joy… it shouldn’t be or else we never learn what real gratitude is

Ik 'beluister' graag jouw 'muziek' ~ I'dd love to 'listen' to your 'music'

CommentLuv badge

Xieje graag terug! ~ Love to see you again! All rights reserved by Melody Music 2003-2017